|Degrees & Certificates||Evening Classes||Teen Programs||Admissions|
|About SFI||Student Life||Faculty||Films|
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Producing
The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Producing for Film is the only graduate degree program of its kind: combining the hands-on production skills of a filmmaker with the business and project management skills of a producer. Ideal for those intending to start their own production companies or work as free-lance filmmakers, the MFA in Producing for Film provides students the tools and abilities to generate and oversee projects as well as the hands-on production skills needed to implement those projects and see them though to completion
- Acquire a wide-ranging skill set that combines the tools and abilities of a filmmaker with those of a producer
- Gain hands-on experience in key aspects of filmmaking - directing, lighting & cinematography, and editing
- Learn to Initiate, coordinate, supervise and control all aspects of a film production including creative, business, management, and marketing, distribution and sales
- Learn filmmaking by making films as students work on 10-15 projects during the program
- Obtain a skill-set that is directly applicable to a wide range of career paths involving project development, project management, business planning, financial over sight, and marketing.
- Conceive and develop a feature film proposal from tag line to budget, schedule, business plan and finance and distribution plan.
- Develop your professional network as you stay with the same group of students throughout the cohort-based program
- Build a demo-reel and resume
- Experience the opportunity and energy of Seattle’s diverse production community as a center for independent filmmaking, software development, web-based companies, and hi-tech video gaming
- Gain professional work experience as a participant in the SFI internship program