|Degrees & Certificates||About SFI||Teen Programs||Admissions|
|Extension Classes||Student Life||Faculty||Films|
Military and Veterans Benefits
The Seattle Film Institute appreciates and respects the sacrifices made by Veterans and their families on all our behalf. We are approved for Montgomery (Chapter 30) and Post 9-11 (Chapter 33) GI Bill® benefits, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment benefits (Chapter 31), and VA Dependent's Educational Assistance benefits (Chapter 35). The Seattle Film Institute is very proud of the many Veterans and Dependents we count among our alumni, and the role we play in their successful transition into the film industry.
Updated Post 9/11 GI Bill® Information
Effective August 1, 2016, the Post 9/11 GI Bill® will pay qualified veterans up to $21,970.46 to attend SFI (please see the table below for detailed information on eligibility).
Veterans will also receive up to $2,271.00 per month (if 100% eligible) for housing allowance (note: please visit the VA Basic Housing Allowance website for up-to-date, current rates). The monthly housing allowance is also prorated based on the veterans’ eligibility based on the table below.
Individuals serving an aggregate period of active duty after 9/10/01:
- At least 36 months: 100% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 30 continuous days and discharged due to service-connected disability: 100% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 30 months < 36 months: 90% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 24 months < 30 months: 80% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 18 months < 24 months: 70% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 12 months < 18 months: 60% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 6 months < 12 months: 50% of Maximum Benefit Payable
- At least 90 days < 6 months: 40% of Maximum Benefit Payable
In order to receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, Veterans must apply online here.
Once you receive this certificate, please mail or fax to:
Seattle Film Institute
ATTN – David Trees
3210 16th Ave W.
Seattle, WA 98119
Fax Number: 206.299.3258
For complete access to the Post 9/11 GI Bill® pamphlet, please click here .
Note: If you attended any other institution prior to SFI, you must complete a 22-1995-ARE (Request for Changes of Program or Place of Training). Log on to www.ebenefits.va.gov .
And please feel free to contact us directly with any
questions you might have:
Veterans Benefits Coordinator